Saturday, May 13, 2017

WBR 1 Flat Lap Watopia 5th Place

5th overall and 2nd in b class.
this was a pretty good race for me. I was in the lead group of 12 as we entered the tube. I was working hard to keep up with the group. I needed to catch my breath before the uphill exit. But someone at the front went early and I couldn't chase on. Nobody else tried either, as I could have followed their wheel.

So, 6 in front group and 6 in 2nd group. We kept a good pace. Lost one in the dust. There was an acceleration before the sprint by Justin and I was desperate to catch his wheel. We had a second or two gap as we hit the Ess hill. We both hit it fairly hard, and they 2 or 3 behind us slipped to 10 seconds or more.

It came down to myself and Justin for 5th and 6th place. I had enough left in me for my usual early attack and my Zee-sprint. As soon as I had the 4 meter gap, I hit my aero power-up and took off. I had a few seconds with 300 to go, so I could ease back and just watch his wattage. I hit the line at 15:03.

My wattage was 269 for 15 minutes. That's a 3.95 average! So, now my goal is to stretch that 15 to 20 minutes. Even 263 will be enough to hit 250 for my ftp. (right now my 20 is 250). Maybe in a slightly longer race.

Very happy with this last minute after work race. got a massage after, ahhhh!


No comments:

Post a Comment