Friday, May 5, 2017

FTP Test - z power results

I went too fast from 5-10 minutes in and suffered the last half.
I just wasn't too fresh today.
Basically, I rode at 294 watts for a 279 ftp.
However, being a sprinter (and racer) I added a hard start of 30 seconds and last minute finish.
This is a full 20 minute effort of 300 watts and creates an artificial ftp of 285.
My long term goal is to get my ftp to 300. I'll have to do some intervals at 316 watts or at least 310.
It will take a while, probably 3 months. I don't know if I can push beyond that.
At some point soon, I will concentrate on my pursuit efforts (4-5 minutes).


I wanted to do this test before going to a power meter Sunday.
I'm not racing until the new month comes Monday. Hopefully, will get ranking and out of rookie division.
Then, I'll do some time trials and short races.
But again, I'm afraid of what the power meter will read. (and I don't know how to calibrate it if needed.)

I love training the most. I love the motivation of racing.
And I'm thinking of entering the Zwift Academy this summer.
Too many goals. Plus, I want to do a 'televised' race on Zwift. (now that I've had my 30 seconds of fame on Youtube) I want to stick with the big A's for as long as I can last. It will have to be flat or just the section leading up to Box Hill. I've never done Richmond yet. I can do pretty good on at least the first hill or two. Not all three against the guys. We need more Women only races.

How about the girls get a 5 minute head start? The big boys caught me on the third reverse kom. But if I had 2 or 3 other A girls with me, I could have stayed ahead. When I sprinted to the end of my last lap, Cartright caught my wheel and tried to take off as their 4th lap began.

No comments:

Post a Comment