Monday, May 22, 2017

KOM Mountain course record

Smashed it! I started easy and went pretty hard on the mountain. I had a 300 for 20 minutes or 4.41w/kg. I felt I needed close to 280 to beat  the record. This is on z power so I know it is faster than my power meter wheel, but peerfectly legal on zwift and strava.

I averaged 290 from the start to the top and 312 from the bottom to the finish line. (294 plus a hard last minute around 411 watts). All total 293 watts or 279 with down hill included.

I didn't have the advantage of drafting where many records are set, but the former holder seemed to slow down from the tower to the finish line, where I could make up two minutes if needed. Maybe she just didn't have anybody to chase or her chaser was way back. I've burned out by going way too fast to the tower, esp on the pretzel course (2 hours of agony...but I may race it next month for efondo).

This is 5th of all time!

Mountain 8 is still possible although I still consider myself the record holder at 59:25



No comments:

Post a Comment