Wednesday, May 24, 2017

KOM Volcano 5-24

I wanted to do this one again. This was on z-power with my new wheel and tire. something seemed amiss on my last kom (6:52) and I didn't trust it all that much. The power dipped as I neared the finish. I've been doing my rides with my new power meter, and I took off my old ride so someone else could be the queen bee for a while. But, now I'm reclaiming some of my old records as I seem to have hit some good form lately (from racing for the last 6 weeks non-stop)

I was dying after the first minute, maybe too agressive? Slowed a little, tried to lift the pace with 2 minutes to go (looking at 7:03 - 7:08). With a minute to go, I ramped it up until I saw the target estimate hit 7:00, then I just started a sprint with my head down. I looked up with 2 seconds to go at 6:56 and cruised over the line at 6:56.49!!! BOOM, There it is, under 7 minutes.



Here's the proof:



No comments:

Post a Comment