Thursday, May 11, 2017

KISS First Place (and it counts!)

I had a few z-power wins that got zero points because first place doesn't get credit.
Unfortunately, my  z power (with the most accurate power curve - Kinetic Fluid) is off by about 50 watts). But, this was my first race with my power meter.
I took off fast, expecting a group to catch me. However, out of 20 or so, most dropped out. In fact, only 4 people finished the race.
there were 2 behind me, 12 seconds, then 30. but they stopped working together and split. I had a minute a lap later, and extended it by about 30 seconds per lap.
I pushed myself for 2 laps there.
My times: 30 seconds to the start line plus 7:10 = 7:40
six laps....6:13, 6:19, 6:20, 5:57, 6:10, 6:17
I finished fast the last lap, but I went a bit easy until the climb.
Soon, I'll get the nerve to do a mixed race (just not a huge one like the men's Kiss race today with over 100 people. I want to do a few short time trials.
I may do the Fondo Saturday evening (Australian Pretzel 72 km and a new jersey)

Here's my results:

No comments:

Post a Comment