Monday, May 29, 2017

KOM Mountain 8 Course

This makes 5 courses plus 2 climbs (I only need 3 seconds to reclaim the tower climb)

This was much harder than it looks on paper. The former qom was not very realistic looking based on a very fast time with little heart rate effort. For myself, I kept focused on keeping my breathing controlled on the epic climb so I would have something left for the tower.

I rode about 15 watts faster than I thought i could do. I did the first flat part around 280, which left me breathless when I practiced it a few days ago (but the pace was slow then fast instead of keeping it even.) This gave me almost a minute advantage coming into the climb.

On the long climb, I lost about 30 seconds and that was doing 295 instead of 280 or 285 I expected. I ran the tower hard at 316 which was great as I took back 6 seconds.

Now came the part where i knew I could shine. I bombed the downhill, Nibali style...sprinting the 3 flats and the 2 notches, making sure I hit 80 on the downhill sections as well. Saved 25 seconds. You have to make those 5 sections painful.

At the bottom, I felt I could run it at 300. I calculated that I needed only 280 to match the other girl. I did sprint it long and fairly weak with one or two deaths in the last 300 meters. I rest and just watch my speed. I knew I had it. In the end, I beat the 55:52 with a record 54:23. If I hadn't taken the start and the downhill so seriously, I wouldn't have had the luxury of this confidence.

2nd fastest time on the course, behind the KOM male Dan at 52:04. (although he admits to weight cheating at maybe 60 kg instead of 91!)

So,all time record!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment