Sunday, August 11, 2019

Race 1

Winner! I felt good but not great. Early race on a course I haven't raced in a long time.
A field of 30 started out at a moderate pace, mostly orange instead of red. We had ten of us after splitting the field and continued to that first climb leading to the Classique course lap. I stayed out front and mostly behind someone who hit it hard then faded. but, we ran off with a third splitting the ten up. by the 1 km to go, we had our fourth and I upped the pace now that we had the right combo. Two others, kicked it up before the start line and we had a group of six with a 12 second gap. We gradually took it to 30 seconds, then a minute by the next lap. (It really is only half that time in real time but only, of course, if we were to stand still.)

The only punch we had was the small hill, where I go strongest. The third lap, I was losing my heart rate and it was at threshold (160 for an old-timer like me). the fourth lap, everyone kind of slowed. I hit the hill hard but let someone ahead so I could draft in case someone attacked. again, everyone clawed their way back. I only had a feather which won't help me much in a sprint (1/2 a w/kg is barely noticeable) I waited until 400 meters to go then hit it hardest the last 300. I was a bit soft the last 100 but enough to stay ahead of Kim Bitter.
Zwift list said 1 Kryder, 2 Bitter, 3 Edqvist 4 Rosseland.
ZPower put up 1 Kryder, 2 Van der Plas 3 Watts, 4 Bitter, 5 Edqvist, 6 Rosseland
Later Zwift said 1 Kryder,2 Plas, 3 Watts, 4 Bitter
Were they invisible? I only remember Bitter on my wheel and she took the green jersey by drafting me. I won by half a wheel . It was awesome to feel the old racing spark. I wouldn't have won a 6 lap but 3 or 4 was doable at 41:17. I averaged a 146 which was deemed a 150 normalized power. So again, low ftp 250, 251, 255 avg 252.

strava of race with pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment