Sunday, October 1, 2017

ODZ Race 10th Place (my 5th race)

A few quick thoughts...then off to work.
Rode workout 8 before this event. All of these long rides is putting me at like 98% of my sprint..so not happy. Have to keep at it, esp for workout 5. In the race, suddenly Not Volcano but Watopia Reverse (I'm so much better Forward)

The race went very good. I was with 3 other girls in the lead. we had over a minute gap, so even 7 or 8 of them weren't coming back. On the second lap climb, our group split. I was getting too winded. Only Kristen could stay within the draft of the z-powered rider. My other rider and I split somewhere at the third lap. Don't blame her. Who wants to try for third place against a top sprinter? (I wore the jersey from pre-race sprint)

I rode a time trial and for a while I was keeping my gap to the pack at 30 seconds, but they caught me after the sprint bridge. The pack splintered on the climb. I was at the front, but a few sprinted up the road and I got gaped. Didn't catch them going down, just too many riders. So, I went down with two others and did a really good sprint.

Results are still pending, but I took 10th. One rider was over 4 w/kg with z-power and another rider had no heart monitor. I could have gotten top four easily but I lost a wheel 3 times.
I'm actually third among B. But I'm mad I wasn't top 3.
They'll be an angry Zee next Saturday. I have names.

No comments:

Post a Comment