Wednesday, October 11, 2017

ODZ 4th place (but felt awful)

I almost logged out before race started. I saw only 20 riders, so I decided I would just time trial and stay ahead of c riders. But, the pace was never too high. We split in half esp at the first climb on volcano crit lap. then 7 of us. But on the second climb, there were 4 of us and when torres put in a little dig, I stuck to her wheel and the 2 others fell off. I rode a bit but I think Torres found out at the end of the third lap that I wasn't tucking in to save power. I was struggling and eventually she pulled away and I just knew I couldn't sprint and drift for two more laps. It's easy with 4 or more riders. With 2, you might want to dump them if they aren't working with you. I wanted to. Because I knew the 3 girls behind us would not slow down to pick me up. They would naturally want to pass right by me. By that point, it didn't matter too much. My legs were hurting. They certainly weren't my legs.
did you see me today?
Yep, that's me today.
I'm lucky to have done 3.2 w/kg. Couldn't even sprint today.
Yesterday, a Queen.
I'll be putting up challenges and races soon as Academy part 2 is over.
Check back here or my Strava.


No comments:

Post a Comment