Thursday, September 21, 2017

Academy Race #8 4th place! (my fourth race of ZWA)

KISS race at 3 pm. Entered as an A. Why? I think my results got mixed up when I did the 2 km race series sat morning. Naturally, my 3 minute pace is over 4 w/kg. That doesn't make me an A. My ftp is still below 4.0. But, if I enter as a B, I risk getting thrown in the can. (See the rider acchan who entered as a B and rode at 4.7. Thus, not credited as 3rd place.

I was actually the fastest b rider. But, I was given credit as 4th place in A cat. Cassie B was a buzzsaw. I stayed with the top 3 riders for a lap then let go because there were still 2 more laps. I could have held on until the reverse climb. But, I saved some energy. A rider went right by me but could only get about 7 seconds ahead.I just kept my pace and stayed back until the last climb. I caught her by the top of the climb and opened up a good gap under the kom banner. At the bottom, I put in a dig for the line, a long way out. I kept burning matches until the finish line. Couldn't see anyone behind me. She finished 10 seconds behind, so she didn't do too bad.



So far, in the results column on ZP...
9-2 4th place
9-13 6th place
9-14 9th place (nearly sick and tired, a foolish entry but too late to back out)
9-21 4th place.

so much harder with all of these tough riders entering the schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment