Saturday, October 7, 2017

ODZ 6th Place!

Very good race, but not as great as I should have been. will analyze pace after work.

Ok, back from work 9 hours later. Tired legs. I was looking at the start. Someone said they saw the 6 or 7 of us got a gap and we were gone up the road before they could get on. Exactly. This is dumping as many riders as you can. Packs, even 3 people move really fast on Zwift. I lost the wheel on the third lap climb and couldn't catch them once it got flat. They were up the road so quickly. To get in that lead group, I jumped right away about 6 w/kg for 20 seconds, then when there were 4 or more, we settled into a pace, all the way to the Esses hill. That is always hard. I got in the front and rode at about 4.5 w/kg. gotta do it or get left behind.

I actually rode a top 30 minute ride. The pace was rarely even. Lots of jumping around, which means light pedal for a few seconds, then jumping at 4 to 5 w/kg to keep on. I know its killing time for me when I'm stuck near the back and I have to keep these spurts of speed to keep closing the 2 or 3 meter gap. I didn't know in the last half a lap that I was chasing a rider on a time trial bike. I tried to gas it in the last minute. I had good speed, avg 50 kph, but my legs just sprinted in spurts.
See: This is the last 50 seconds of the race. At least I didn't give up...ever in this race.



No comments:

Post a Comment