Friday, April 14, 2017

Kiss Race 4/13/17

Such a small field, but a win in the 6 lap volcano crit. Last time was absolute mayhem, where I put in 2 early and 2 late vicious attacks. I actually thought of quitting half-way through. This time, I just rode an easy pace with a B rider for almost 5 laps, then I upped the speed and finished the last lap up by a minute. ZwiftRaces was down the entire time, so no posted results and no points. I lost 93 points in the Kiss europe race when zwift abandoned me after 10 km. I have a ticket but they seem clueless as to what went wrong. It was def them and not my side of things. Frustrating.

EDIT: Yep, my win was not credited because of not having a power meter. It took 2 days but they did finally get the results up.

After the race, I got back on my bike and burned up the volcano. I broke the 7 minute barrier. The eta was between 7 and 7:02 but I finished in 6:52 because I sprinted like mad when it went up 2 seconds. Somehow, the volcano seems harder than box hill.

Next on my to do list....I'm going to try to train for team pursuit. There's a spot open for a team who needs a fourth by next season. I'll be getting a zwift workout for some tests as well, so you'll see that soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment