Monday, April 10, 2017

4-10 ZHR time trial race

Well, this was an unusual race for several reasons.
First, I felt so weak yesterday that I just wanted to ride threshold and push Box Hill, recover and finish.
Before the race, I replaced my bottom bracket. the bearing was trashed. suddenly, I was back in my regular gear. So, it wasn't my legs yesterday.
So, I did Box Hill in 6:49.9. I just 0 watted the downhill and tried to recover. When I got to the bottom, it didn't seem like it was worth killing myself to try to catch the guy ahead of me. Maybe I could have, but I didn't start with that mindset. So, I just rode it out to the finish. A learning lesson for the next time. Next time, I'll do a full effort (be much slower on the hill) but overall finish faster.
I put B because I knew I wasn't up to an A level. And my last race was actually 3.995 (which they rounded to 4.00). As it turns out, this race has no A or B, just finish order.

I was third. The picture below shows fourth, but first is disqualified by being over 5 w/kg without validation.


No comments:

Post a Comment