Sunday, June 21, 2020

DIRT Stage 4

Long and hard with two climbs in the middle. I ran it hard for the first 10 minutes, first five really hard. I stayed with the first group almost to the climb, lost the second group and stuck with the third over the climb for a second time. From there we strung along for a bit. I can't remember too much but I found myself staying with three or four riders going up the last climbs. I hit it hard on the last little hill before the downhill finish and put about 20 seconds into them. Once I was over the hill with a good gap, all I had to do was just keep my speed up till it flattened out. I finished fast and had my second fastest time. That despite two slow climbs but I needed to conserve a bit more energy. Not in as good of shape lately for endurance racing.

Next week should be much better if I can stick with the lead group in Crit City.

Today on Strava: race on strava


No comments:

Post a Comment