Sunday, June 7, 2020

DIRT Stage 2

Well, it went good for the lead in, I was right there, sweating bullets. The pace was brutal as expected with 5 A riders, several riding at 5 w/kg. Lap one and two were fine, but very fast. Last race we did 7:20 lap times, today was 7:02 and 7:04. I started to survive half a lap by falling off the back and popping right back on. I couldn't sustain it for the whole lap. Off at 33rd place.

I had a minute and a half gap, too small against a pack of 20 or so riders. They caught me on Horse Hill and I kept it in the draft. It was hard work. I tried to calm down and I was anxious and rearing to sprint. I sped up at 500 meters, hit hard at 300 and drafted two leaders. I managed a spurt at 150 at 11 w/kg and by 50 had nosed ahead. I WON! and by the narrowest of margins once again. Same opponents from last week too. 0.1 and 0.2 last week, 0.2 and 0.5 this week. Whew. Actually I'm amazed as I can't remember beating the guys in a sprint before last week's race. Usually I go too early

In the league, I would have been 10th last week as half the field (22nd officially) didn't return. This week I lost three spots to 13th (not counting one rider who did 4.2 w/kg the whole race. Although I guess he's locked into B status to be fair. He did 4.2 w/kg last week also.) Next week will show my weakness, a long flat before the hills. We'll try but I don't expect much as to results. Don't give up though. There's only 28 of us left

No comments:

Post a Comment