Sunday, September 3, 2017

ODZ Race#1 4th but update to 3rd (10-13 update)

Hey, fourth place in a 5 lap volcano crit. Things went well. I had just a tiny struggle after the climb on finishing lap 4 and found myself in a group that split, 2 who attacked at the start of the fourth lap then 12 others. Nobody chased and I put in a dig just to get back on. I guess the second group had uped their pace a bit but ultimately they let Calla (another Z? How confusing) and Hiroden go. We stayed together. I think 5 got ahead of me on the last climb and with such a big group, I rested 200 meters or so before sprinting, passing 2 and then three of us hit the line virtually together.

My numbers and lap speed were pretty good...257, 247, 240, 231, 261. My climbs 323, 328, 336, 316, 325. Happy with results. Calla's last minute was 9 w/kg and 10 w/kg for 30 seconds. Is she pro or what? So, I'm sure she'll qualify for top 10 for today. But I'm fourth.

Update... Z.C. flagged at 10 w/kg for a minute, over the world record level. I think Zwift monitors the time at 8 w/kg. . That is great for guys but nar impossible for us except maybe Vogel.

I went out for workout #8 right after. it's fun, but I've got some work to do. Not sure how they score it.



No comments:

Post a Comment