Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Win Mini-Crit WKG

 While this was my third mixed win, it was my first overall win over a few A riders! Even though I theoretically finished second, I had a heart monitor and took the win. I was 0.04 seconds behind. I never won over anything but the B cat. I'm going to savor this one. But for now, the focus is just on keeping ready for the final in the Wyn series Monday.

I have a 20 minute race friday around the volcano. Saturday, a race up the volcano. Monday, the final time trial which should be around eleven minutes again. This is the second time we've run this course. Working on a 36 second buffer. Just need the bike to hold up. I feel primed and ready to go. I averaged 267 in this race and felt the early pace was comfortable. The effort on the hill was severe. I got gapped just a hair and found myself back by two or three seconds to the lead three. I put in a short ten second burst and caught them in the sprint wiondow. I held on for dear life and started my sprint about 400 meters out hoping to burn them off my wheel with a feather as I didn't have an aero. 

Beautiful race. Very happy and thankful.

Strava

No comments:

Post a Comment