Monday, April 5, 2021

I Won! Wyn Time Trial Series - Race #6

 This was a long six week hard-fought series.

 I was nervous, unsure if anything would go wrong like a broken gear or a flat tire. I was racing in the afternoon rather than the evening, so I saw the second overall had a pretty good day at 10:56. I would need an 11:32 to win the overall. I had previously raced a 10:59 on this course but 30 seconds isn't a lot to play with.

I was feeling great in the warm-up despite a bit of sunburn I got yesterday. I had really planned out every bit of this course. I rode super strong and had planned to ride close to 400 rather than 340 on the climb with a long more even effort at the finish. I managed 382 for over a minute on the hill before the turn. Then I rode 386 in the last minute which gave me a 297 normalized power which is awesome for me. I shaved off 15 seconds to stop the clock at 10:44! Woo Hoo. 

The desire to win the six week course was really strong. I wanted a title for this year, especially since the Tour of Zwift and Tour of Watopia were devalued from races to rides. So this has been huge for me. I've been down a bit before this made-to-measure short tt race series. Ten minutes is my prime right now. Maybe this year I will get to defend my 2019 Time Trial title in Belgium if they have a World's time trial event this year. Hopefully, a lot of people skip it. LOL. I'll start training for it in July. Until then, I just have my Nine World Challenge to complete in a day.

Race #6

Kryder 10:44//Bergkamp 10:56//Williams 11:04//White 11:32

Overall for the Series:

1. Zee Kryder                 70:08

2. J Bergkamp                70:57

3. Claire Williams          71:46

4. Kristin White             72:36



No comments:

Post a Comment