Thursday, October 22, 2020

Zwift Academy Week 3

     The Academy is going fairly well. I did the Segment Test on Innsbruck and had an 18.50 and an 18.000 in the two sprints. I saw someone beat my wattage for the 20 second effort but I didn't see anyone beat 19 seconds. So, I call that a win. My 20 minute ftp was only off by 3 watts doing 249 out of a 252 threshold. The second time, I sprinted and rode hard the last 10 minutes or so on the climb. As a result I have a 723 in the 30 second sprint leading second place at 695 watts. 

      Somebody beat my one minute and two minutes. I am currently in third place in both of those times. I also scored a 705 PI as a result of my two minute practice. ( I don't know exactly what that means but I am told 700 is pretty good.) I had a 440 on the kom forward climb. I beat my best time by 5 seconds, just under 1:54. Yes, only two minutes can tire out your legs. Segment 2 will be a two minute assault followed by the epic climb. I am currently waiting until Saturday for race #2 up Mt. Ventoux. As a sprinter, I hate this long test but we will give it a go.

     I have fallen behind on my artwork being busy with chasing my best efforts. There's still a long way to go until the Academy officially ends. But, I think I am performing much better than expected. Sprinting is taking away from my long efforts. But, at least I am still at the top in the long sprint efforts. I fear I won't hold onto the sprint wattage win in the 30 since the one minute is so huge now. For now, my average is higher than second place at almost 700. Maybe I have another chance. But this 30 and 120 are my best ever beating my 2018 times when I did manage a top finish. If I get beaten by a finalist, at least I won't get beaten by very much. Some numbers just seem unreliable, especially the 1500 watt sprints sound like a trainer glitch. But we will wait and see what the finalists can do.

     Here are some numbers from a website for what would be a top pro levels, measured as 100%:

5 second 1200 watts (78%)

15 seconds 900 watts (I did 94%)

30 seconds 722 (I hit 723!)

60 seconds 574 (I did 93%)

4 minutes 424 (82%)

I'm still trying to go a little higher in the one minute effort. The numbers above are for my weight. Still shows that some Zwift best efforts could be off a little. My power meter is very accurate. I think I can retire some day and look back and feel good about that effort. It is going on the wall, so to speak. 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment