Friday, October 2, 2020

Zwift Academy Four

     My Zwift Academy is off to a great start. I've been lax on my sprint training but focused on my longer efforts. the goal was mainly for the time trial competition that never materialized. No biggie. My new focus is the long sprint, a full minute. This is usually where I can outshine. I won the one minute title in 2018. I go by total watts as anyone could potentially alter their weight in the w/kg chart. 

     I started with workout number 4 and laid down a good one minute effort of 531 watts. On day 2 I did some sprints after the eight minute maximum test. I did it twice. Once for a full six minutes (which is on the chart) and a second workout to do a more tired eight minute effort after a 3 second and 30 second sprint. The results put me in the lead from 3 seconds to 60 seconds! Now I've got a target on my back as top riders will see my numbers and try to beat them. But for now, I'm going to bask in my accomplishment. I will redo the one minute effort soon. I still have to do the four minute max test.

     Here's what the chart looks like:


     On the left, my efforts are in blue above the Zwift Academy Best orange line. I know the top contenders haven't done their one minute efforts yet. It is just to prove my thunder thighs can still rumble. After these first week efforts, I will finish the workouts but start to focus on the late October Events which are daunting. One ride will be the KOM forward, the Epic KOM at almost FTP and the max effort on the Volcano. The other ride is the Innsbruck sprint followed by a race up the mountain. (A little easier.)I'm trying to do my best as my age is getting up there. This year is already better than 2019. So, I'm almost in 2018 shape. Probably less distractions during the last six months of Covid.

     The four minute test went well at 349 watts, doing the reverse hill on Watopia in 4:12. All was going good, coasting down the hill after finishing the hill. Then, the lights and power went out. My Zwift! When everything came back on, I scurried to get the file on Strava...and the file included the whole climb. 349 watts worth. I uploaded to Today's plan. All was good. I didn't get the top four minute but I came close. (The 359 was top honors...so close). I'm hoping the week ends soon so I can lock a few numbers in. I currently have 10, 20, 30 and 60 seconds and almost the 5 sec and 2 minute times.

     

 

No comments:

Post a Comment