Monday, July 6, 2020

Dirt Stage 5 and 6

Stage 5 went pretty good. I was at the front for all of 8 laps and fell off for 9. I only lost a minute riding the last two laps solo. It was a fun race but having just won my first mixed race (well, I won a time trial but it had different start times so it isn't like winning a sprint). I sat in 5th place overall.

Stage 6 would see me start horribly, climb the volcano with a good time 8:30 and then basically just dead, like 180 watts instead of 230 watts. Legs were just useless as I climbed the reverse epic hill in a sprint to stay under 30 at 29:55. The finish line was just before the tower turn. Overall, I lost two places having lost 6 minutes and finishing dead last for the day. I finished 7th of 9 riders in the overall for all six weeks. I do not count the winner as he has had 4 races at the A level although technically, he qualified as a B with only one A performance and ZP rules are three. But, really once you qualify for A, switch. Officially, I was listed in 9th place which is good for as many people signed up for the first race. GC 6 Stages

But, I feel a bit burned out since last week. I really felt great week one. I think what was hard was mixing in short races with a much longer endurance race. Maybe old age is just getting me or the fact that I quit the gym permanently.(My husband is a high-risk for covid so I don't want to risk exposing myself and bring it it home.)

Looking forward to France this Saturday. I think I will quit the race and either just do a lap or if I feel my legs, I will climb Mont Ventoux all the way. I need to finish my Alp d' Huez. I'm at 94 ascents right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment