Saturday, July 25, 2020

QOM Paris Champs Elysees

I can't resist the temptation to grab a queen on a new route. So I jumped onto Paris through an event, quit and rode on my time trial bike. I did a fairly long warm up and aimed around a holdable 4 w/kg. I did a sprint on the mini climb and kept energy in reserve for the grind and the approach to the line. I finished with a 4.2 average for 9:41. Strava data

Now, I know a few things. 1 Very few people have aimed for this and 2, nobody with A cat wattage has attempted this yet. (I've never hit A cat wattage for 20 minutes though two years ago I came within a few watts) But, a win is a win. Sure somebody will beat this but not for a few weeks maybe. I just hope I pass the queen to a real top rider like a pro or something rather than a weight doper doing a speedy workout. But, that's Strava. For now, it will hold  and be part of my accolades.



So, for my next challenge, I'm thinking all ten worlds time trial. It might take a while to hit them all, especially Bologna with so few races. And I hate Innsbruck being so long. I don't even know what course is the orange jersey for France? I've only ridden Ventoux, skipped the other events. I will start where I left off in March with most already finished. I just need Crit City and France time trialed.

No comments:

Post a Comment