Saturday, November 21, 2020

What's Next?

So, I didn't reach my goal of A rider this year either. But, I did grab a whole bunch of personal bests, all the short efforts except the one minute which was an out of the park home run two years ago. I came close, 11 watts off.  I recently finished the Zwift Tri bike workouts and they were great. I should revisit them and go a bit harder. I still need a goal. 

Can't wait for the WC's on December 9.(EDIT: Goody, Zwift added a Nationals on the weekend of December 5 and 6! The bad news is 50 km long. Its almost been two years since the last Nationals at 60 km. So, we will give it a shot. I have a chance at least) I have found my niche with the 30 second to 2 minute efforts. Do I want to improve there? or add that talent to short races. (Wah! I love Bologna but never get a chance to race it) I discovered too in training I don't do that well with five minute interval workouts. But, do laps of Volcano circuit and I punch them out one at a time lap after lap. It's a visual thing. Same thing with 8 minute intervals. Poorly done until I ride Volcano climb three times. 

For training, I have a few time trials, a few workouts, and I can throw in a few races (I did terrible in my first post academy race, going out too hard and crawling along to the finish from 20-40 minutes.lol)  I wonder what Zwift has in store next? I need something new soon. It was such a disappointment when they cancelled Switzerland. I couldn't wait to see if some of my additions were included. I still hope, even with just a glimmer of hope, that it will come back. How can Zwift trash all that hard work?

No comments:

Post a Comment