Sunday, August 30, 2020

End of August

   Well, here we are at the end of August. I've finished my Tough it Out workout series. I still have two rides to do, a long time trial and a 30/30 FTP test. Yesterday was one of the hardest ones the 2016 Zwift Academy #23 Over Unders. I do a 20 minute set (of 22) twice. I finished both sets with all stars, yeah! I think in the past, I was aiming just a bit too high and couldn't make the second set. Instead of averaging 260 and then 230 or something, I did 248 and 252. Consistent is better. Also, finished Ventoux 9th time and put myself at 49 of 50 on the all-time Zwift climbing list! 

   What's up in September? I have plans to peak for a parallel time trial championship but it looks like it may be cancelled. Waiting for official word. Tomorrow we're back on the TT bike around the volcano. Should be a blast. Maybe Zwift will announce Nationals or Academy and that may be worked into my schedule.Maybe we will still have Switzerland open. But otherwise, it looks like Zwift will hold Championship races in early December. I'll have to attempt that of course if they have a time trial. I can't beat Chloe or come anywhere near the top pros, but I will just look to top the amateur list. Staying in top form for the next three months will require some inventive coaching. For now, I'm in maintain top form mode. I get a rest day every other Thursday, lol.

   

   


No comments:

Post a Comment