Friday, January 19, 2018

Zee Kryder Biography

Thanks for coming. I'll tell you a little bit of who I am as a cyclist

I began Zwifting November 2016. It helped me reduce stress and ride when I couldn't leave home for long. That chapter finally ended almost a year ago. But, by then, I became addicted to indoor training and racing.

I did the 2017 Zwift Academy. I did fairly good (Two fourth place finishes and great workouts, except the sprint repeats.)


I started a weight loss group called ZwiftOff. We have weekly group rides (but not during Academy).
You can download and try them for free: ZwiftOff Workouts






At the same time, I began writing articles, mostly on health and fitness, for Zwift Insider. I love it but finding the time can be a real challenge.

Zee's Articles





I have made improvements since last year's Academy. I have a lot of racing experience. Although, I have done too much and have severely over-trained twice; last year before the Academy ended and again after 6 months of KISS Crit Series(finished in 5th place in the Europe edition and had a win in the North America race) and 3 months of  CVR races ( a head to head competition where I only won one race but second place the other 7 races or so.)

Zee's Races and Stats (My stats can't be altered, but some high numbers were from before I had an accurate power meter and I had to use a Garmin wheel sensor and estimated Z power which was off by 35-50 watts unbeknownst to me. I removed them from my Today's Plan stats and my Zwift files.) ZwiftPower scores are now only from past 90 days, so estimated power results are gone. I score in the top 20, from 8 to 12 generally. You have to choose high scoring races, if you want to earn race points (wbr events don't count) (Update 8/2019 Now I'm fighting to stay in top 100. I've cut back heavily on racing for my health as it's too much plus a lot of new girls have come in from the pro's)



I also entered and won my National Championship. It was a tough race but some other countries (like USA and England) have a lot more competition.

I am a short distance rider, think of track cycling's 500 meter and 3 Kilometer Pursuit. I specifically target goals by time ( ie 10, 20, 30, 60 seconds and 1,2,3,5,8,20 minutes pushing my max in different workouts. I am best at 1 - 5 minutes.

I have done a lot on Zwift. I helped design the Highline Road on New York (originally designed for Richmond. I agree that the glass roads are amazing, but my design is below in 'Hot Wheels' orange. Also, the Speed Wheel at the start of some time trials, the Invisible Power-Up, the World Championship races in 2018 and 2019.

I also wanted more than the sloth in the Jungle and I told Eric Min when the Jungle came out that I wanted a T-Rex. He gave me a thumbs up but I never heard anything else until the new Titan course came out. So, he surprised me with the t-Rex. (Still need that ZwiftOff jersey...waiting...waiting...wait for it.)






Currently working on Switzerland Course details for August 2020 release and a Greek Marathon Course (Sparta to Athens in all its original glory...and yes you run naked with only an olive wreath for protection...lol)

I'm a bit behind in condition for this year's 2019 Academy. But maybe I will peak in late September as coached instead of a burnout by the end of August. I still collect jerseys when possible and now have 106. (I have codes for 50 I never grabbed but i took the ones I liked already)






So, I won the top 60 second spot during the 2018 Academy and had second place in the 2 minute effort. I have to update chart. The chart above is prior to the Academy and below is the Academy results. I had a 551 in the one minute and got beat by a 243 in the 2 minute. It is hard to beat a max effort because by shooting higher, you run the risk of seizing up a few seconds before the finish.






"This is Me!"

See also My first (and only) win in CVR with Beth York
              Huge Sprint Win KISS NA (with B. Mason in 2nd)



No comments:

Post a Comment