Thursday, January 11, 2018

KISS 4th!


Tough tough start. Angerman is almost a 5 w/kg and people were trying to match her, so I had to stick to the other riders chasing. Eventually, she broke ahead and Cassie and Falk went with her. I can't draft 4.5. Well, I could for a lap but then I would be burnt. They would dump me and I would be lost as the B pack would up and pass me.

When the split came, there was 10 of us competing for 4th through 14th (I think). Oh, I forgot there was 3 followed by 4 followed by 6. We kept the A group to 8 seconds. But, the riders behind went from 30 seconds to 10 or so. I saw the group kind of fold their hands and gave up the chase and let the others catch our wheel. I stayed near the front so I couldn't tell for sure. I had a number of lifts to stick with a few pushes. One rider i think kept wasting energy. I may have put in one small attack at the hill, but people kept catching up. Everyone stuck to the finish.

So, I stuck with the B squad led mostly by Pohl who eventually took 5th behind me. I waited until the 400 or 500 mark before I cut loose and committed at 400, sprinting to a bit past 200 then back on it for a 100 or so and coast across the line. It was a lot of mental effort. My HR has been way down this week as I moved up a gear (from my big gear training).

It has been a great week. Need some rest and a trip to the weight room. I'm afraid to look at the course for tuesday's CVR.

Sprint

No comments:

Post a Comment