Sunday, November 12, 2017

Crazy Busy Race Update

Wow, I totally forgot to post my last few races.

Race 1 was Oct 30 Zwift Crit series Race 1.6 laps Classique I came in an amazing 3rd place. Rachael Elliot won of course. I stuck it out until the third lap. Gave up the ghost. I recovered on laps 4 and 5. Eventually before the finish a few other caught me. Nobody pushed the pace, so I tagged on and sprinted with pu and took sprint easily.

Race 2 was Nov 6 Zwift Crit Race 2. Six laps classiqueI was in front. Rachael was fast. I let her go. Before the 2 km mark, everybody disappeared and it was a long solo blind time trial. I wound up going pretty slow after I knew it was not going to restore before final. Finished in 7th. Blah.

Race 3 was Stage 1 of the Tour de Zwift. Road to Ruins course. I picked A race rather than B. I stayed with top dogs and lost just 3 seconds or so over the big hill. I decided to hang with 2 other s that got left behind as well. Did really good to hang until the lap counter and the long uphill.After that some B riders passed me. The second group, I had recovered and sprinted and caught on. It was not an easy ride, lots of spikes at certain points. Amazingly, hung on to finish. Sprinted too early for men's pack. I won at the 300 to go mark, and then the lights went out and everyone got by me before the line. My fault. No pu. Thought someone would catch me and I could latch on, but I got hung out to dry. I'm def not used to a pack sprint. I knew it was wrong but I just meant to go to 400 watts but legs kicked into high gear at 500+ and it was too late to back down. Didn't matter. Fun on the new course. No results yet, maybe Monday. Came in 22nd live results of 38 A. Total 564 in race#1.

Waiting results:
live 22nd place

No comments:

Post a Comment