Friday, July 28, 2017

EVR Race Watopia Figure 8

35th place. B-cat 16th place, which isn't too bad as I haven't done a long race or a popular race in a long time, esp. with the power meter instead of z power. But, learning what I can do with real power (estimated power was a lot easier, but I have to learn all new numbers now)

I burned at the start, first minute at 353 watts and 300 for five minutes. Really good.
Stayed with leaders until Reverse Hill, where i was out of breath, tried to recover a bit and rode with a B group until the sprint reverse. Then I died, got passed and only kept ahead of a few B's to the finish. Once I got to the Short Hill I pretty much kept my place, ahead of two others. Did a sprint for good measure.

Not bad at 3.5 w/kg for the first 20 min ftp ride. (253 if you subtract the downhill rest for 30 seconds)

I doubt for ZWA I would have to ride at 400 watts the first 30 seconds, but it is good to get pushed to the limit. Next time, I'll try to save more energy for the climb. (Wait, I think I said that before. Eh, I know I can't ride 45 minutes fast, so I just push myself for 20 or so.) Can't wait for some info next week on what we will have to do.

All I know is we start with an FTP of course.


No comments:

Post a Comment