Saturday, June 1, 2024

Cancelled my Zwift!

Yes, I did cancel with nearly tears. I am pained to leave, but I need to save $40 so I have enough money to hopefully come back. That $40 will go to paying the huge increase for the next eight months. I have always paid for my Zwift, even when I was writing articles for Zwift. I was happy to do it. I love Zwift.

So, why have they suddenly come to need funds? Pssttt! They spent the investora money on advertising and racing. They paid a lot of money to the UCi to have the E-sports title approved by UCI. Then they paid HUGE amounts to sponsor the women's Paris-Robaix and Women's Tour de France. They pay top riders money to be a spokesman for Zwift, often just to put a "Zwift" on their jersey. 

Zwift should be trying to capture the Peloton dissatisfied crowd. (by that I mean the ones who can't afford $40 a month to watch some recorded 'live' trainers.) Let's get the people who ride bikes at Planet Fitness, but don't realize they will get hit for a 40 or $50 annual fee when they least expect it. 

This year's Academy was a bit of a joke. The men's winner only ever had one or two rides on Zwift. His race files 'could not be found' because they didn't exist (according to ZwiftPower management.) The top women's rider Liz Howeling did not enter. The best participant, Gabbi Guerra was better than all three picks. (Zwift could not find five decent picks, so they changed the program to include only three riders.)

What is best about Zwift?

Alp d Huez and I do still love the Volcano.

Richmond (Yes, really.)

What else would I keep? Definitely not the current draft. It never seems to work for me. I would lose half my bike, wheels, and 190 of my 200 jerseys. I only need my triathlete, my red, my black, and my elite title jersey. I was so happy in 2018 when I got it. Then, in 2020 when I had a chance to reclaim it. (the black version). I think the gal who won in 2019 still has her white jersey. I hardly ever see anybody else with their jerseys. I loved the Tron, until they slowed it down. They should never allowed super fast pack speeds. (senseless). It meant personal kom's disappeared forever. And then , there's the cheaters. I don't think Zwift can afford the time of money to handle the problem. But, it is frustrating to the few people like myself, that have had their best times stolen by someone barely sweating at 401 watts for an hour straight. (not happening)

Well, rant over. Time for IndieVelo and TrinerRoad, and Sufferfest. Maybe Racx will give me another free month. Once I have a few dollars saved up, I will be back.

It was better when there was just Watopia, Richmond and a small London. Now, there's just too much fluff. And there are people who want new roads every month! "All flat", "30 mile climbs" that no one will ride ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment