Sunday, March 10, 2024

One Week Out

 I've been training anew for a month now, heading to my big race up the Alp. I had a stunning workout, finishing the Alp less than a minute of goal pace. Then, yesterday I rode a hard interval effort at one minute red, three minutes orange for 30 minutes. I was one minute ahead. Insane to stop at that point. But I was at 28 and felt disaster was near with a finishing ten minutes to go. (Maybe a timer would help from those climb portals.) I finished with a minute sprint. I started the Alp a slight bit on the sore side. With my schedule set, I can't reschedule. So it is blast of pass.

I have one tough workout ahead yet. A long workout, and a repeat of yesterday that we are dropping. I have the shape that I need. No reason to over do it so close to the day. I'm looking forward to concluding this epic journey. I hope is satisfies my relentless pursuit of what I can do. I'm more concerned with me beating me, a personal best, than I am about anyone else. It just provides a benchmark to beat, nothing more. Illi and Sarah, even Passio and Barkley are pros, no need to race against them.

Let the fun begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment