Friday, October 6, 2023

Finally - QOM Makuri Island World

 Why this one? I choose it for two reasons...It is a short effort under ten minutes and also that the record holder was an obvious fake. I have done a few 'beat the cheat' efforts. There are several efforts that no human could ever beat. I didn't really think this was possible at first. On my first effort I did an 8:23 to a 8:18 effort. I thought that I could just up my effort a bit and take it. But it proved to be very difficult. I did a third attempt with a great climb, super fast. But I was slow towards the end and I saw my pr holo pass me. After that I just let off the gas and cruised across the finish. I had done a stupendous 5 minute trial but a lousy one minute effort to close.

I was amazed.This time, I went out about 5 watts less and did not sprint all out at the top of the climb. Instead, I caught my breath and was ready to go hard for 1:18 at 375 watts. (I wanted to hit 400 but I was a bit afraid to go too early.) 

This was as hard as New York and Richmond. That makes up the Holy Trinity of races.                                  Bridges and Boardwalks at 8:12 Richmond Reverse Hilly at 12:31 and Reverse Grand Central at 10:00

30:43 total. All of them are challenging climby routes. Now, back to Academy training.

No comments:

Post a Comment