Sunday, October 2, 2022

Zwift Academy 2022 Second Place Sprint...No Wait..First Place !

      First, I entered with overall poor fitness. ( I finally took off some weight, but I lost a lot of power, a whole lot of power. My ftp went from 260 to 230, seriously.) I was only practicing my sprint. I had a good sprint while training...23.23. In my baseline attempt, I did a 23.191 with 9 w/kg in the sprint section. I started super early and coasted the last 100 meters. Consider this; someone beat me with a 23.060 with over 12 w/kg. That means they started the section at a much slower speed. (42 kph vs. 50 kph) So, I'm still sitting in second place after two weeks. Kudos to Lisa Houweling for being in first place... I Rod is in third at 23.278.


News Flash.....

Currently in third place... Tilly Field at 23.243

In Second Place ..............Lisa Houweling at 23.060

In First Place....................Zee Kryder at 22.552

It was on my third attempt in a 3R Race on my tt bike. I had a 23.4 then 23.2 and I almost quit. But instead I just tried to do my 10 second sprint and see if I could hit a good speed before the start line. Then I hit the big gear and tried to mash it and of course, I was flailing with 100 to go but somehow hung on. I was shocked because I thought I lost too much time at the end. This was the culmination of three weeks of training and attempting that sprint forward too many times to count. It helped having three chances in a row to hit my mark. It is good to know that I recovered well from the first two attempts. Now I can sit back and hope that nobody outdoes me in the last two days of the academy. What a rush. I was thinking about this sprint all day. I drank four cups of coffee. I was so disappointed to only hit 23.4 on my first attempt. I'm so glad I didn't give up then.

Now, maybe I will try to crack the top ten on Titan;s Grove before the ZA closes. There are some serious fast times this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment