Saturday, September 28, 2019

Academy 2019

Well, time to check my numbers, now that the Academy is drawing to a close.
Here's a snapshot I took:




How did I do compared to last year? First, let me say that I was using the program to peak for the time trial race. So, I did the workouts and then concentrated on using the speed I built to focus on endurance. My forty minute was only 1 watt less than my thirty minute in that race. Both 30 and 40 minute bests were all time bests. Yeah. My hour was 241 compared to 249 in a race 2/18 against Beth. Racing beats training every time especially when it is neck and neck to the finish. Looks like I got the best 30 second sprint? (in watts, just missed it in w/kg)

What's next? Don't know. I'm not doing the long women's elite road race, especially after how tired I am from that all out time trial effort. I need a goal and a time. Unfortunately, Zwift often doesn't release info until just before an event. The lead up to Yorkshire was just okay. They didn't really say much. And the Championships was hardly mentioned at all. There's a random prize for those who ride 290 km during Yorkshire, which I did just on that chance. So, semi-finals are up Monday October 14 and I will probably try to compete if not selected. I'm looking for ninth place, lol. Not sure if the races are top ten only or open to all? I'll probably be at work like last year

No comments:

Post a Comment