Monday, June 3, 2019

Goals and Update

Sorry for not writing anything in a long time. i've been experimenting with peaking and resting and peaking (re-peaking?).Things have gone well, except first I got distracted by tour of Watopia and Mixtape Challenges. I did peak twice especially two weeks ago, then got very ill.

My peak effort was suppose to be an FTP effort to finally make the 4.0 club, the A racer. My last workout went overboard. I was on a super day, having planned my workouts well. My efforts was for my Zwift Challenge. I call it the Five World Challenge.It is the shortest lap on each of the five world maps. Each is done with a five minute cooldown and a five minute warm-up. I think I went about 3 minutes over at the end because I was so unfamiliar with the LaGuardia loop, which starts and ends with the sprint line. You can do them in any order and either forward or reverse. It must be done on a time trial bike to prevent drafting advantages.

I did Richmond Flat, Innsbruckring, Classique, Volcano lap, and the shortest last, LaGuardia. I had practiced this a few times trying to gauge how much effort for each event. I must say, I went wild in the first three and finished the last two just above last time but suffered immensely.

Richmond 7:00
Innsbrukring 12:49
London 7:38
Watopia 5:37
New York 3:44

So my goals are to do fairly good for my third ZWAcademy. I hope there is finally a time trial race so we can compare ourselves to the others. In standard races, you have to be in the one with largest attendance and stay with the group in order to finish with a fast time. Ride a small race and it is mostly a solo or dual effort which is a lot slower. The stats were helpful but can't really weed out the WD's. The person with the highest 7 - 20 minutes or so was way above elite levels. So whoever was the actual highest went unnoticed and unaccredited. I would like to repeat as the one minute champion, but again, there is nothing official. Would love to get top 10 or 20 in a time trial event.

My main goal is to train from June through September, peaking in late July and to my best for the September 24th world championship time trial and defend my jersey as best I can. I assume it will take place on the soon to be released Harrogate course, so I am training with that profile in mind. I run the flat lap into the volcano climb and continue on the flat course until turning onto the reverse kom, finishing at the top line. Once the course is released, I will train night and day on it. I also plan to race the same length of time (50 minutes or so) on the Tempus course to measure my effort on a steady effort.(I actually do better on a hilly course as I am a powerful interval rider and a strong finisher. Last year I won by a final one minute effort with the second place racer fading from early efforts, going very fast on the first lap. I was still behind by 2 seconds with 2 km to go but gained 6 seconds or so at the end...

Mostly, I need to avoid distractions and prevent over-training. Wish me well and thanks for following my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment