Thursday, December 14, 2017

B Group Win KISS Crit series.

After feeling terrible and tanking the race last week, this was my best performance. I took 6th place. I was in a group of 10 most of the entire race. On the last lap, there was a rider in front of the pack doing almost 4 w/kg to our 3.5 to 3.7. Nobody was catching her. She went from 12 seconds to 8 and it just hung there for half of the lap. I don't know why, but I decided to sprint off after her. I caught her before the bottom of the climb on the Classique. She was with me for a minute or so. But half way up the hill, she stuttered. I couldn't afford to let the pack catch back up, so I kept going fairly hard. At he 1 k kite, I was up 8 seconds. I never believe it, prob about 4 seconds. I tried to sprint at 700 to go. With no one making ground, I coasted the last 200 or so. I felt so good, i kept on for the full hour ride. 243 for the hour is a new pr for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment